Thursday, August 14, 2008

Icelandic adventure

hey pals
im not big on writing in blogs but i took notes on my vacation and thought id include them with the pictures to explain a bit more about whats being seen, and my trip in general.... which by the way, was mega.


































soy latte
destination: Blue Lagoon
stopped on the way to scramble around on moss covered rocky moonscape
no earth here, only rocks that come to peaks and crack forming valleys
one feels as though if they find the right crack they can enter the interior of the planet with ease
mud masks, sauna, relaxing
short trip to a coastal town
carson and i nibbled wild seaweed
drove to and conquered a mountain with sun shining
burrito dinner
drinks with icelanders

(no pics)

my first day alone
make camp and ride into reykjavik
up and down main street
souvenir purchases: traditional wool gloves and horse keychain for the bike
sat by the lake in the sun
sculpture park
modern art museum
head back to camp for the rain
shitty noodle dinner
hung out with french bicyclists and drank red wine
older sporty men are rad
they believe in me, so i am pleased

2 comments:

Unknown said...

makes me want to go back there immediately!!

me melodia said...

Absolutely amazing!
I'm definitely envious of all your travels.
By the way... you look so pretty and peaceful in all the shots.